“WOMEN – TO WOMEN AND CHILDREN”
The Lions Club Ljubljana Viva connects creative, innovative and socially responsible female individuals who actively promote and perform the meaning and the purpose of charity work and of unselfish assistance to women and children in their own and in the broader social environment.
The primary mission of our Lions club is to provide assistance to women, children and women with children although we are open to respond to any distress or need.
The Club has 27 members.
Since our establishment in 2008 we provided help to more than 450 families, women and children and donated more than 48.000 EUR in addition to many material donations and personal assistance.
- 2 scholarships for the graduation at the high school;
- financial support for the apartment lease for 12 months;
- employment for one of the mothers;
- donations of books, cloths and other material goods.
- assistance to 23 families on the edge of survival with food and other basic goods;
- financial support and donation of material goods to a single mother with a nine-year old child;
- financial support to the family with seriously ill parents and to the family with seriously ill son and to the family with the gravely ill daughter;
- financial support to seven families impaired by the floods.